Nov 11, 2010

Fall Cleaning and Organizing

I've been busy the last couple of weeks trying to finish up my fall cleaning. Pretty much all I had left was the kitchen and hall pantry, but with school and other distractions, it's taken me a while to complete it. Now it's done and feels so good. Everything is clean and orderly - I love it! I have this thing about organization - I feel like I operate so much better when things are uncluttered, organized, and simplified. This is my big pantry in the hall. It used to be where my washer and dryer were. We moved those to the basement years ago and Tim built shelves in here for me and it became my pantry.















I also have a thing about jars! I love using them. And I can't stand little bags, cartons, and boxes of this and that. I like to see what's in things and how much there is. Also, with canned goods, they can not be all in a jumble - they all have to be grouped together - beans with beans, condiments in the same place, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste in individual rows, etc. It makes it so much easier to find things in the pantry and when a non-family member looks for something, having the rows labeled makes it a breeze. I started doing that when my kids were small to make it easier for them when they were putting away groceries and I still do it today.
Well that's it! Just a quick peak into my pantry. As we go on blogging, you'll probably find out that two of my passions are food and organizing. I look forward to sharing more with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment